Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Forever loving and wearing peachy pink and chocolate brown tones!
Yesterday was a good day because 1) I managed to put on some makeup, and I felt really good about it (especially the base, because dang, it’s been a minute since I’ve mixed and layered and just played, ya know?), and 2) I did something almost, well…normal.
Connor’s fall dance classes started yesterday, so I took her to her dance studio for the first time since February? March? I can’t remember. It’s been a loooong time.
Underneath that mask is a smile a mile wide!
It’s still hard for me to believe it was somewhere we went every week for two years…
Anyway, she started doing outdoor, socially-distanced dance classes this week, so for the first time in six months I dropped her off to do something without me, and yeah, I teared up a little. Happy tears, though, because she was overjoyed to do something with other kids.
All the dance friends!
While she danced, I ran errands around town and popped into TJs, where it occurred to me that once upon a time, in pre-pademic life, days like this were commonplace, and I didn’t give them a second thought, but yesterday it just felt SO GOOD. Maybe it was because it was a little taste of normal life again, which made it that much sweeter.
Regarding my makeup, I’m wearing chocolate brown wings on my lash lines here, along with matte peach and pink tones on my lids, cheeks and lips. It’s a very clean, classic look.
I put a little more effort into the base than I usually do, and I think it made a difference. I started by applying a foundation primer, then mixed a full-coverage foundation with a pearly illuminating lotion and buffed a thin layer of that all over my face.
Next, I mixed a couple drops of face oil into a medium-to-full coverage concealer, then applied it in thin layers on my cheeks, nose and around my mouth, taking care to seamlessly blend all of the layers together.
To finish, I set everything with the lightest dusting of loose powder…
What I like about this type of base is that you get a good amount of coverage, but it doesn’t look or feel heavy!
Oh, and one last thing — I test drove a few new-ish things in this look from MAC and Laura Mercier for the first time. I used a couple of the Powder Kiss Soft Matte Eye Shadows, a MAC Powder Kiss Liquid Lipstick and a Laura Mercier Translucent Honey Loose Powder. I’ll let ya know how I feel about them after I’ve had some time to ruminate!
When simple-looking makeup is deceptively complicated, LOL!Yeah, man, I’m still an NC42!
Lookin’ a little senior portait-y
Makeup worn in this Look
- NARS Tinted Smudge Proof Eye Shadow Base in Medium
- MAC Powder Kiss Soft Matte Eye Shadow in Best of Me
- MAC Powder Kiss Soft Matte Eye Shadow in What Clout!
- MAC Costa Riche Eyeliner
- MAC Brushbrown Liquid Liner
- MAC Liquidlast LIner in Coco Bar
- Laura Mercier Caviar Mascara
- MAC Hush Cream Colour Base
- Urban Decay Brow Blade in Dark Drapes
- MAC Glow Play Blush in Grand
- MAC Mineralize Blush in Warm Soul
- MAC Cream Colour Base in Hush
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Hush
- MAC Powder Kiss Liquid Lipcolour in Mull It Over
- Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
- MAC Studio Fix Foundation in NC42
- MAC Strobe Cream in Pinklite
- Kevyn Aucoin Supernatural Concealer in EC06
- Wander Beauty Glow Ahead Face Oil
- Laura Mercier Translucent Honey Loose Powder
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Happy hump day!